With nearly 17.5 million followers, Meghan Trainor is undoubtedly the queen of TikTok. Which means that the king of TikTok is her husband, actor Daryl Sabara. But did you know that Daryl is Jewish? It’s true!
Here are 18 things to know about Daryl Sabara.
1. He was born on June 14, 1992 in Torrance, California to a Jewish mother and a non-Jewish father.
2. He has a fraternal twin sister named Eve!
3. He’s of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
4. He attended Chabad events growing up.
“The great thing about Chabad and the message is that they help all kinds of people, no matter what their beliefs,” Daryl said.
5. He began performing at the age of 4 with South Bay Ballet, a regional ballet company.
6. Daryl is best known for playing Juni Cortez in the “Spy Kids” movies, starting when he was around 9 years old!
7. He had a bar mitzvah at the Chabad of Brentwood, and it’s partially online! You can watch him chant from the Torah, really well, in fact, here:
“I didn’t want to have a big party or anything. We just wanted it to be meaningful,” Sabara told the Jewish Journal, going on, “Our portion was about the story of the red heifer. It’s about somebody who is fortunate, and they try and give a helping hand. That’s the way I [try to] live my life.”
8. In 2006, Daryl played bar mitzvah boy Benjamin Fielder in “Keeping Up with the Steins.”
9. In 2014, he starred in the off-Broadway play “The Library” alongside Chloë Grace Moretz.
10. Daryl began dating singer Meghan Trainor in 2016, and they were married in 2018. They incorporated some Jewish traditions into their wedding, like smashing of the glass and chair lifts during the hora.
11. They took a relationship quiz for Buzzfeed in 2019. See how they did:
12. In 2021, they had a son named Riley, who is perhaps the cutest kid ever.
13. Seriously, just listen to him say “gay rights”:
14. We can only assume that Meghan’s 2015 song “Dear Future Husband” is about Daryl!
15. Over the last 10 years, Daryl has done a lot of voice acting. He’s voiced Heatblast on “Ben 10,” Rex Salazar on “Generation Rex” and Rhino on “Ultimate Spider-man.”
16. Daryl has talked about his sobriety journey on his wife’s podcast “Workin’ On It.”
17. In January 2023, Meghan and Daryl announced that they’re expecting another baby! B’shaah tovah!!
18. Please enjoy Daryl acting like Meghan during pregnancy: