Josh Peck is the Nice Jewish Boy all 2000s kids grew up with. The actor, comedian and YouTuber first rose to prominence in the Nickelodeon sitcom “Drake & Josh.” But Josh has been up to a lot since his Y2K fame — from podcasting to fatherhood to playing a rabbi in the upcoming bar mitzvah musical “13,” he’s truly been doing the most.
While we wait with bated breath for the premiere of “13” on August 12th, here are 18 things to know about Josh Peck.
1. Josh was born on November 10, 1986, in New York City to a Jewish family.
He’s always been a cutie!
2. He was brought up by his mother and grandmother.
Behind every nice Jewish boy are the women who raised him!
3. He had a Broadway-themed bar mitzvah!
The ceremony and reception were apparently held at an Italian restaurant. In true Jewish mother fashion, Josh’s mother told him, “Son, you’re doing 15 minutes of Hebrew, and then we’re getting to the main course.”
4. Josh began performing stand up when he was only 8 years old!
Here he is on The Rosie O’Donnell Show.
5. He’s always been a star! At age 13, he was cast on Nickelodeon’s “The Amanda Show“!
Watch a pint-sized Peck act his heart out below:
6. in 2004, Josh was cast as a titular role in the sitcom “Drake & Josh.”
The dynamic duo gave the world four seasons of 2000s wackiness — and an unforgettable theme song!
7. Josh was nominated for Favorite Television Actor at the 2008 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.
Though he didn’t win, Josh still got to present an award alongside Janet Jackson!
8. In June 2017, he married his longtime girlfriend, Paige O’Brien.
The two are absolute couple goals, if we do say so ourselves.
9. Josh is a dog lover!
Seriously, could anything be more adorable than these duos?
10. In December 2018, Josh and Paige welcomed their first child!
11. Josh and his wife, Paige, are raising their son Max in an adorably interfaith household.
12. Josh’s memoir, “Happy People Are Annoying,” was released in March 2022.
Sis LOVES my new book. Still waiting for her to call me a boob but……
— Josh Peck (@ItsJoshPeck) March 13, 2022
Miranda Cosgrove is a fan, and so are we!
13. Josh currently hosts the podcast “Curious with Josh Peck.”
14. Though he may be a heartthrob hottie, Josh Peck still tweets like a Jewish dad.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and take a nap
— Josh Peck (@ItsJoshPeck) August 21, 2020
I have heartburn but I’m still a good person.
— Josh Peck (@ItsJoshPeck) January 24, 2022
15. Josh was a guest on Comedy Central’s “2 Jews Choose.”
According to Josh, Chinese food, hot dogs and dangly earrings are all part of Jewish culture.
16. Josh appeared on the star-studded Youtube special “Recipe For Change: Standing Up to Antisemitism.”
Alongside Idina Menzel, Ilana Glazer, Rachel Bloom, Skylar Astin, Michael Twitty, Hannah Einbinder, Alex Edelman, Tommy Dorfman, Hari Nef, and Michael Zegen, Josh pondered tough questions surrounding contemporary Jewishness.
17. Remember Vine? Josh Peck definitely does!
He had a brief career as a star on the platform.
18. He’ll be featured in the upcoming Netflix bar mitzvah musical “13.”
Josh stars alongside a dazzlingly Jewish cast as Rabbi Shapiro.
Take it from us: The trailer is a must-watch.