If you’re like us, you’re more than a little obsessed with Evan Rachel Wood. The multi-talented actress, singer, model and activist has long starred as a sentient android in the HBO series “Westworld,” and will once again grace our screens when the show’s fourth season premieres later this month.
In the meantime, here are 18 things to know about Jewish actress Evan Rachel Wood:
1. Evan Rachel Wood was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, to a Jewish mother.
In a 2021 Instagram story, she said, “”My mother is Jewish and I was raised with the religion.” We’re obsessed with her mom’s senior picture. Check out that necklace!
2. Though she was raised in a Jewish household, Evan appeared in a production of “A Christmas Carol” when she was only a few months old.
3. She comes from a family of artists! Evan’s parents, siblings and aunt were all involved in theater.
4. Her birthday is September 7, 1987.
We stan a Virgo queen!
5. She has a black belt in Taekwondo, which she earned when she was only 12!
Her martial arts training has allowed her to do her own stunt work on “Westworld”!
6. As a child, Evan was inspired by David Bowie to pursue an acting career.
In a tribute to Bowie, she wrote “I didn’t grow up in a super-religious household. Religion was more about tradition than a spiritual practice, but I didn’t mind at all. My religion was art. Most importantly music.”
She’s even got a David Bowie tattoo!
7. In addition to acting, singing, and modeling, she’s also passionate about activism!
Evan is openly bisexual. She works with the Human Rights Campaign to promote LGBTQ+ equality and won the organization’s Visibility Award in 2017. Watch her acceptance speech below:
8. Evan is the lead singer of the band Evan + Zane.
She’s so talented! Listen to her sing below:
9. She’s also in the musical duo Rebel And A Basketcase.
10. She has impeccable taste in fashion. Look at her rocking this suit!
11. Evan has a son named Jack.
“Phoenix Rising,” a 2022 documentary series about Evan Rachel Wood, shows the mother-son duo celebrating Hanukkah together!
12. In 2003, she was named as one of the It Girls of Hollywood by Vanity Fair.
Here she is that year, looking like the y2k it girl of our dreams:
13. She starred alongside fellow Jewish actor Larry David in the 2009 film “Whatever Works.”
Watch the gloriously Jewish trailer below:
14. Evan has said that acting is “therapeutic” for her, adding “it gives me such freedom to feel and to let my emotions out in a safe way.”
15. Evan is passionate about supporting Immigrant families.
Listen to her talk about the issue in this video:
16. She played Queen Iduna in Disney’s “Frozen.”
Here she is with her character’s doll counterpart!
17. She’s had some fascinating jobs in the past!
“I was a magician’s assistant for a little bit when I was 20, just for fun and to have a break (from acting),” She said, in a 2020 interview. “No one ever saw my face. It was fun! I love the excitement of the illusion and doing it right so nobody can tell it’s a trick.”
18. She’s starring in the fourth season of Westworld, which premieres on June 26th. We can’t wait to watch it!