Everybody loves Reece Feldman.
Since the film-nerd TikTok influencer started blowing up in 2021, he’s hung out with the likes of Christopher Nolan, Rachel Brosnahan and John Cena, and he was even complimented on his manners by actors Jason Schwartzman and ScarJo. And, in terms of us plebs, Reece has garnered 2.1 million followers on TikTok — presumably for his movie insight, charm and love of mentioning his Jewish identity.
So, since Reece is such a good guy, here are 18 things to know about him.
1. Reece Feldman was born on May 28, 1998 to a Jewish family.
2. He’s a Gemini!
3. Before “his Judaism kicked in,” baby Reece had straight blonde hair.
i had straight blonde hair as a baby before my judaism kicked in 🥲✡️
4. Reece studied Communications and Film Studies at Tulane University. He graduated in 2020.
5. While at school, he wrote movie reviews for Tulane’s student-run digital publication The Crescent. “That’s what I love to do … I love to analyze,” he said in an interview with The Crescent in 2021.
6. Reece first made his TikTok account around 2020.
“During quarantine, I had an informational interview with someone who suggested I make stuff. I didn’t know what I would make, but they suggested I try out TikTok. I’ve always wanted to make things on my own, but it’s tough to make movies or stuff like that,” he explained. “It’s not easy to get the assets, so instead, I took to TikTok to do my little videos, have fun, and just put something out there.”
7. His handle @guywithamoviecamera is a nod to the 1929 Russian movie “Man With a Movie Camera.”
8. Reece start going viral after he made TikTok videos about being a production assistant on season four of “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.”
9. For season five of “Maisel,” Reece joined the writer’s department as a writer’s assistant. “I won’t be script writing, but I hope I can just get one joke in there that makes it,” he said at the time.
10. About the show, Reece has said: “Abe is my favorite character, because I too want to be a grumpy old Jewish man when I grow up.”
Check out his day with actor Tony Shaloub:
11. He briefly worked on the set of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.”
“That was really fun. They are actually super sweet ladies … *Shoutout to The Real Housewives of New Jersey*… people are always like, ‘it’s scripted’, but no, they really do yell and scream. Yes, we make them go to dinner somewhere fancy, but they’re doing the yelling and screaming on their own,” Reece said in an interview.
12. In 2021, he worked as the social media manager for the movie “Not Okay” starring Zoey Deutch. He made fantastic content, including this TikTok of Zoey:
13. In his opinion, this is what a Jewish cowboy looks like:
14. He would like to be in a future Andy Samberg biopic.
Frankly, Reece is the only choice to play Andy.
15. Larry David is his idol!
“As an angry Jewish person, he’s who I strive to be,” Reece said in a TikTok.
16. He briefly had a podcast with friends called “Shows & Tell.” In the holiday special, Reece breaks down why one of his favorite TV holiday episodes is the Festivus episode from “Seinfeld.”
17. Reece is dating actress Alyah Chanelle Scott from “Sex Lives of College Girls.”
18. Reece has some advice about following your dreams!
“I’d tell them what was told to me, which was ‘what it is you want to do, and whatever it is you have to do to get there, even if it’s not on the scale you want, just do it,'” he said in an interview. “It’s one thing to say you want to do stuff, but it’s another thing to actually follow through. We have too much access to technologies and platforms to create, and these are all at our fingertips, it would be a shame to not use them. If you keep throwing darts, one of them’s going to stick.”