Alma is hiring! We’re looking for an Audience Engagement Associate who loves all things social media to join our team. This is a full-time, fully remote position with benefits (403B, Dental, Health) and a Monday-Friday, 9-5 ET schedule. Salary range is $45K to $55K. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Details below, including how to apply.
Are you passionate about Jewish culture? Obsessed with pointing out which celebrities are Jewish? Love scrolling Instagram and TikTok, and excited about creating dynamic content for social media and building up a community of young Jews around the world? Alma is seeking an Audience Engagement Associate to join our team. We are looking for somebody to think creatively about how to drive new audiences through social, email and other channels. Alma is a growing brand that covers Jewish pop culture, news, politics and identity, and has a thriving Instagram and social media presence, a large newsletter following and hundreds of thousands of pageviews per month.
This position will help create new content for and moderate Alma’s popular social media channels, produce regular newsletters and special emails for our email subscribers, and spearhead new tactics for both growing our audience and keeping them deeply engaged. This position will report to the Editor of Alma and will collaborate closely with the Director of Audience Development. Alma is part of 70 Faces Media, the largest Jewish digital media organization in North America, which includes other brands like Kveller, The Nosher, My Jewish Learning, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency and the New York Jewish Week.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about social media and love following trends on Instagram, TikTok and new platforms
- You enjoy learning from colleagues and sharing what you know
- You have some knowledge of Jewish culture and are interested in the diversity of Jewish life
- You have a strong writing voice and can match it to the Alma brand
- The idea of reading (and moderating) the comments section does not make you want to run away
- Sense of humor, flexibility and organizational skills appreciated
- Manage robust daily Instagram, Facebook and Twitter calendars and content creation
- Collaborate with Alma’s editor and Audience team to create an ever-evolving, dynamic social media strategy
- Manage and execute our newsletter process to ensure we’re delivering the content to our email subscribers that they want to read
- Optimize email subject lines, calls-to-action, and headlines to increase engagement
- Spearhead new social strategies and help give Alma presence on more platforms (looking at you, TikTok)
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Previous social media management experience
- Strong writer and communicator
- Interest in both Jewish trends and social media trends
- Detail-oriented and eager to learn
- A sharp eye for aesthetics
- Familiarity with Photoshop is helpful
About 70 Faces Media:
Alma is a publication of 70 Faces Media, the largest digital nonprofit Jewish publisher in North America. We publish six brands: Jewish Telegraphic Agency, My Jewish Learning, Kveller, The Nosher, Hey Alma, and The New York Jewish Week and reach more than 3 million people each month.
We Encourage You to Apply
At 70 Faces Media, we value diversity, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Audience Engagement Associate” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please mention what your favorite brand/publication TikTok or Instagram is and why.