Adam Sandler is a Jewish legend. From his forever memorable “Chanukah Song” to his sense of style to his need to almost always be playing basketball (arguably the most Jewish sport), the Sandman has done a lot for the Jewish community. More recently, this includes (alongside wife Jackie) bringing up the next generation of Jewish stars — his daughters, Sadie and Sunny.
Here are 18 things to know about Sadie and Sunny Sandler.
1. Sadie Sandler was born on May 6, 2006 in Los Angeles.
2. Sadie was the one to tell Adam that Jackie was pregnant again!
“I came home at night and [Jackie] kept saying ‘Sadie wants to give you a present,’ and normally Sadie falls asleep around 8. It was like quarter of 9 and I just got back from working,” he recalled on Live with Regis and Kelly.
“And then Sadie hands me a little something, like a gift. And I was ‘Aww, that’s nice Sadie, thank you.’ And then Jackie kept saying ‘Open it up, open it up.’ And I open it up and it was one of those pregnancy [tests] and I was like ‘Woowww.'”
Which leads us to…
3. Sunny Sandler was born on November 2, 2008 in California.
4. Sadie is a Taurus and Sunny is a Scorpio.
5. Sadie and Sunny are Ashkenazi Jewish (from Russia) on their dad’s side and Italian on their mom’s side.
6. Sadie made her onscreen debut in her father’s movie “You Don’t Mess With the Zohan” in 2008. Meanwhile, Sunny made her onscreen debut in 2010’s “Grown Ups.”
7. Adam Levine performed at Sadie’s bat mitzvah in 2019! We’ll let him tell the story of how it happened:
8. They’re Swifties! In 2019, Sunny and Sadie joined their dad onstage at a fundraiser to sing Taylor Swift’s “Lover.” (Note the altered lyrics at the beginning of the song where they sing “Hanukkah lights” instead of “Christmas lights.”)
There are many, many highlights I recorded from tonight’s #Rock4EB but this one is pretty special. @AdamSandler handling guitar duties while his daughters Sunny & Sadie sing @taylorswift13 “Lover” in front of Julia Roberts, Sean Penn, etc. They’re major Swifties, and so good too pic.twitter.com/Z589j4tDBJ
— Chris Gardner (@chrissgardner) October 7, 2019
Yasher koach, Sadie and Sunny!
9. Sadie and Sunny had roles in their dad’s movie “Hubie Halloween,” but not long into filming they were both kind of over it.
“They make it look like I’m forcing them to do it,” Adam told Drew Barrymore. “Meanwhile, they were asking me the whole damn year, ‘Can I be in your next movie, Daddy?’”
10. They have a dog! (Or at least their dad does.) He is a bulldog named Bagel.
11. Watch Sunny adorably crash her dad’s Jimmy Kimmel interview from 2020:
12. Jewish actress Jamie Lee Curtis gave Sunny (and Jacob Tremblay) some pretty great advice on conquering fears, managing careers and navigating life in the limelight.
13. They apparently wrote their dad’s hilarious Gotham Awards acceptance speech in 2022. Take a listen:
14. Sunny had a very sweet bat mitzvah (candy-themed, of course) in 2022. Her party was just as star-studded as her sister’s, with celebrities like Charlie Puth, Taylor Lautner and Jennifer Aniston showing up for her big day.
.@charlieputh performing last night “We Don’t Talk Anymore” at Sunny Sandler’s Bat Mitzvah hosted by Adam Sandler last night at the Hillcrest Country Club in LA via thevictorboyce Instagram Stories — May 8, 2022. pic.twitter.com/zlQirtCCjN
— Phyllis💚CP | Updates & Fan Account (@PuthPhyllis) May 9, 2022
15. In July 2022 it was announced that Sadie, Sunny and their mom Jackie would be starring in “You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah” — Adam’s latest movie.
Amidst all the general nepo baby discourse in pop culture, “You Are So Not Invited” director Sammi Cohen defended Sunny and Sadie’s casting.
“Sandler has a reputation for making movies with his friends, and that’s something we all want to do. What I say is, he’s still making movies with his friends, but they’re his kids. He is the kind of dad who’s also your best friend,” they told The Hollywood Reporter. “When it comes to the sort of chatter we’re hearing online, I don’t really think twice about it because I’m going like, ‘Yeah, he’s doing the same thing he’s always done.'”
16. As this scene demonstrates, we think they pretty much nailed the family dynamic in the movie:
17. Plus, the “You Are So Not Invited” behind-the-scenes family photos of the Sandlers are simply too wholesome.
18. Their next project after “You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah” will be voice acting in the animated movie “Leo.”