As you may or may not know, Gal Gadot, the Israeli star of Wonder Woman, is kind of a big deal. To ensure you’re fully informed, here are 18 (obvs) pieces of #GalGadotContent you need to know.
1. Like all of us here at Alma, chutzpah is her favorite thing. As she told Marie Claire: “In Israel, people have chutzpah. People take issue with it, but I’d rather have that than play games. Here, everyone’s like, ‘We love you; you’re so wonderful.’ I prefer to know the truth, not waste time.”
2. Her 🔥🔥🔥 comeback to fanboys criticizing her Wonder Woman casting on the basis of her boobs: “I told them, ‘Listen, if you want to be for real, then the Amazons, they had only one boob. Exactly one boob. So what are you talking about here? Me having small boobs and small ass? That will make all the difference.’”
3. She gets Jewish guilt, telling Glamour: “The Jewish guilt I feel about being a working mom is the hardest thing.”
4. She hosted a mouth-watering Rosh Hashanah dinner.
5. She met her husband, Yaron, at a party in the Israeli desert in 2006. (We need to know so much more…!!!)
6. Her husband’s iPhone lock screen is very cute (and her husband’s entire instagram @jaronvarsano is filled with cute pictures of the two of them and hashtags like #wonderbabygirl and #paparazziissolame)
7. She doesn’t get starstruck over celebrities, but she has talked about how she fangirled over Shimon Peres, the former Israeli Prime Minister.
A visionary. A man of peace. A friend of all people.
Goodbye dear Shimon, your memory is cherished and your legacy lives on. pic.twitter.com/TEYaXzKySF
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) September 28, 2016
8. She threw her back out shortly before Wonder Woman premiered, yet still did her entire press tour. (Truly, Gal is Wonder Woman. We won’t accept alternate theories.)
9. More on the Gal is Wonder Woman theory: she filmed reshoots while pregnant…. Literally there was a green screen on her stomach, as she told Entertainment Weekly, “On wide shots I looked very funny, like Wonder Woman pregnant with Kermit the Frog.”
10. She has a dog named Lola ( ♫ L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola…. ♫ )
Kisses from my Lola 🐶😘 #Love #FridayFeeling pic.twitter.com/w3km4Rp1wh
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) July 7, 2017
11. She decided to be in the Miss Israel pageant in 2004 because “I thought it’d be cool to tell my grandkids that grandma was in the Miss Israel pageant.”
12. She competed in Miss Universe but realllllly didn’t want to win, as Rolling Stone describes, “so she decided to deliberately tank in the competition, pretending she didn’t speak English, wearing the wrong things.”
13. She’s from Rosh HaAyin, Israel, a place you probably didn’t visit on Birthright.
14. She looks good with bangs… *gasp*
15. Her first instagram post from January 2012 is of pasta (I dare you to find a more relatable celebrity).
16. Per her Rolling Stone interview, her father’s family is sixth-generation Israeli and her mother’s parents escaped Nazi-occupied Europe.
17. She recently told an audience at 92Y that if she wasn’t an actress, she would be a midwife (!!!).
18. Her elder daughter’s name is Alma. Need we say any more?
Please share your favorite pieces of #GalGadotContent. We cannot get enough.
Top image via Instagram/@gal_gadot