Alma is hiring! We’re looking for a full-time Editorial Fellow to join our remote team for a paid, three-month fellowship. Check out the details and instructions on how to apply below.
Alma, a Jewish culture site from 70 Faces Media, is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented editorial fellow to join our small team. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer with an interest in pop culture, politics, feminism, social justice, and issues that impact Jews around the world. We are also looking for someone who is social media savvy, can keep a finger on the pulse of trends and Jewish news, and is excited about the idea of a “meme meeting.” Creativity, strong attention to detail, a keen visual eye, and the ability to stay on top of a variety of tasks are key to success at this job. Familiarity with Jewish culture and traditions is helpful. This is a full-time, remote, 3-month fellowship that pays $15 per hour. Working hours will be roughly Monday to Friday, 9-5 EST.
– Loading posts into Alma’s CMS
– Assisting in choosing/creating art for Alma pieces
– Writing articles responding to relevant items in the news and pop culture
– Creating newsletters
– Assisting with social media production and moderation (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
– Providing assistance with daily operations
– Strong time management and organizational skills
– Familiarity with social media a must
– An efficient and engaging writer, with the ability to match Alma’s current tone
– Good visual eye for photos and artwork; some design/Photoshop experience helpful
– Plays well with others (i.e. team player, likes collaborating)
– Strong attention to detail
To apply for this position, please send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Alma Editorial Fellow” in the subject line. In your cover letter, be sure to mention an Alma article that particularly resonated with you and why.
70 Faces Media is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination. We are committed to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within our staff and throughout the content we produce. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, or any other status protected by law. We value candidates with insight, perspective, and experience regarding diverse segments of the Jewish community, including but not limited to Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, LGBTQ Jews, patrilineal Jews, and Jews by choice.