Ah, Halloween. The one* time of year when it’s acceptable to leave your apartment in a full-blown costume, carve shapes into large squashes, and eat candy for dinner (just me?). This past weekend social media was abuzz with some very creative costumes, and I couldn’t help notice that plenty had a Jewish-y theme. Let’s take a walk down costume lane, shall we?
1. Ruth Vader Ginsburg: Because even our favorite Jewish supreme court justice has a dark side.
Thank you to whoever added Ruth Vader Ginsburg to the costume database. I got to wear a cape and carry a light saber and fight for justice. pic.twitter.com/EKIw7CBPF4
— Janelle Shane (@JanelleCShane) October 29, 2017
2. All the Broad Cities: Taking on the dynamic duo (and their friends) was a popular trend this year.
3. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Rachel Bloom shared her favorite odes to one of the Jewiest shows on TV.
4. Wonder Woman: Now that Gal Godot plays Wonder Woman, we can officially claim her as Jewish.
5. Bagel and Lox: Bae-gols.
6. Drake: Hotline bling. Get it??
Couples costume. Drake and his cellphone. Hotline bling. 😂 pic.twitter.com/5SdFkDnjcx
— Talia Wooten (@tjwooten726) October 30, 2017
7. Jared & Ivanka: Barack Obama’s former speechwriter, Jon Favreau, took on Jared Kushner’s epic “war zone” look, while his wife played the part of handcuffed Ivanka.
Early case of the Mondays? pic.twitter.com/ZcCbHhFxym
— Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) October 29, 2017
8. Fran Fine: Everyone’s favorite Jewish nanny/style icon.
9. Grace Adler & Karen Walker: Will & Grace is back, and in drag.
*Except we Jews also get Purim in the spring. See you there.
Top image via Flickr/Stephanie