Alma is hiring! Our parent company, 70 Faces Media, is looking for an Editorial Assistant to work on Alma as well as other 70 Faces Media brands, including The Nosher and My Jewish Learning. This is a full-time, fully remote position with benefits (403B, Dental, Health). Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm ET. Salary: Range of $40,000-$45,000.
Details below for the job description and how to apply:
70 Faces Media is seeking an enthusiastic editorial assistant to join our team and work across several brands including our Jewish culture site, Alma, our food site, The Nosher, and help with event listings for My Jewish Learning. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, detail-oriented, and internet/technology/social media savvy. We are also looking for someone who has a keen visual eye and the ability to stay on top of a variety of tasks. Familiarity with Jewish culture and traditions is helpful.
- Editing and loading posts into the CMS
- Choosing and/or creating art for each post
- Creating newsletters
- Crafting headlines
- Assisting with social media production and moderation for Alma and The Nosher
- Posting event listings for My Jewish Learning
- Writing articles when opportunities arise for both Alma, The Nosher, and other brands
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- An efficient and engaging writer
- Good visual eye for photos and artwork
- Some design/Photoshop experience
- Plays well with others (i.e. team player, likes collaborating)
- Strong attention to detail
To apply for this position, please send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to email@example.com with “Editorial Assistant” in the subject line. In your cover letter, be sure to mention an article from Alma or The Nosher that particularly resonated with you and why.
About 70 Faces Media: 70 Faces Media is the largest digital nonprofit Jewish publisher in North America. We publish six brands: Jewish Telegraphic Agency, My Jewish Learning, Kveller, The Nosher, Alma, and the New York Jewish Week. At 70 Faces Media, we value diversity, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in Jewish nonprofit organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.