Chloe Fineman joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 2019, and immediately was commended for her history of fantastic, spot-on impressions.
Chloe has impersonated (take a deep breath): Melania Trump, Adele, Meryl Streep, Timothée Chalamet, Jennifer Lawrence, Anna Delvey, Maise Williams (and Arya Stark), Busy Phillips, Drew Barrymore, Jojo Siwa, Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Elizabeth Holmes, Reese Witherspoon, Bjork, Phoebe Waller Bridge… Just so many!!!
But who is the person behind the impressions? Is that a corny line? Who cares! Time for 18 things to know about Chloe Fineman!
1. Chloe was born in Piedmont, California and graduated from Piedmont High School in 2006. Here’s an amazing middle school photo:
2. She has two sisters: Emma, an artist, and Alexia, a CrossFit athlete. Her mom, Ellen, is a painter. What a talented family!!
3. She attended Camp Kee Tov, a Jewish day camp associated with Berkeley’s Congregation Beth El.
4. After she got cast on SNL, Camp Kee Tov obviously celebrated, posting on Facebook, “LIVE FROM NEW YORK it’s a Kee Tov alum!!! We’re so proud of you Chloe Fineman!”
5. Chloe once jokingly described herself as “1/2 Wasp” — her dad is Jewish, so we’re assuming her mom isn’t (we couldn’t confirm this anywhere).
6. Chloe attended NYU Tisch School of the Arts and graduated in 2011.
7. She currently has a whopping three tweets on her Twitter feed (@chloefineman), all of which are retweets of fellow Jewish comedians, natch:
Should I get preventative botox before I do ayahuasca?
— Kate Berlant (@kateberlant) February 25, 2016
Every experience in my life resembles having to go to the bathroom really badly or just actually IS that experience
— jenny slate (@jennyslate) January 20, 2016
— Moshe Kasher (@moshekasher) December 23, 2015
8. Chloe is much more active on Instagram (@chloeiscrazy), where she mainly posts videos of impressions or comedic bits or great voices:
9. As we wrote above, her impressions are just so freaking good. Here’s Drew Barrymore:
10. Here’s Chloe as Ivanka celebrating Hanukkah, beginning the prayer “Barack Obama Illinois…” (honestly we have watched this too many times to count):
11. Okay, speaking of imitations, here’s a round-up from her 2017 SNL audition tape:
12. Her first appearance on SNL was an imitation of Jewish presidential candidate Marianne Williamson:
You can even feel the Marianne energy in the photos:
13. She often talks about her Jewish identity, like in this caption about having her period in an Urban Outfitters. “I’m way too neurotic for Instagram. But it’s also cuz I’m legit on my period. And Jewish.”
Or, after a series of videos when she first joined Instagram, she posted a selfie, writing, “My parents are concerned Im weirding you out so here is a sweet picture to show u Im just nice jewish doll girl.”
For context, these are her parents and they seem fantastic:
14. Also, her dad on Instagram is an amazing follow (Chloe often shares videos of him):
15. Before Saturday Night Live, Chloe performed in The Groundlings, a sketch troupe in Los Angeles. She also had minor roles on Grown-ish, Jane the Virgin, Search Party, and Mozart in the Jungle.
16. She joined SNL’s cast along with Bowen Yang. They seem to be pals, and this video made us smile a lot:
Fan Q&A with @bowenyang and @chloefineman! 🥳
If you missed their Q&A on Instagram Stories last week, you can watch it right here. On Twitter dot com. pic.twitter.com/ooetaE4H90
— Saturday Night Live – SNL (@nbcsnl) October 18, 2019
17. Chloe is obsessed with wigs. She has so many wigs, because “you can be anybody.” Her Instagram bio is “hard for wigs 👑.”
18. Lastly, this is a beautiful look into Chloe and how she got into comedy and how she nails her impressions. Watch!
All images in header via Chloe Fineman on Instagram.