Gracie Abrams is kind of a big deal right now— the singer/songwriter just wrapped on Olivia Rodrigo’s “Sour” tour, has been hanging out with some very famous folks and is making headlines for selling out venues and being “the princess of bedroom pop.” She also recently embarked on her own tour across the globe which had fans everywhere singing, crying, and feeling all the feels.
Here are 18 things you need to know about Gracie Abrams!
1. Gracie was born Gracie Madigan Abrams on September 7, 1999. She’s a Virgo!
2. Her father’s family is Jewish, and her mother is Irish Catholic.
Her father has stated, “My family wasn’t very religious, but I’m very proud of my heritage. I do consider myself Jewish, and I take my kids to services on holidays because that is something really important to me.”
3. She’s the daughter of Star Wars director J. J. Abrams and film and television producer Katie McGrath.
4. She briefly studied international relations at Barnard College, but left after her freshman year to pursue music. Only a year later, she released her debut single “Mean It.”
5. She’s passionate about using her platform to advocate for causes close to her heart. Most recently, she spoke out in opposition to the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
6. She’s cited Joni Mitchell, Simon & Garfunkel, Elvis Costello, Bon Iver, Elliott Smith, Kate Bush, the 1975, James Blake, Taylor Swift, Lorde and Phoebe Bridgers as her musical influences.
Gracie even has a tattoo of the word “river” on her arm as a tribute to her fave song by Joni!
7. Gracie is a poetry lover and often shares writing she is inspired by on social media.
8. Gracie is super close with fellow Jewish queen Diana Silvers.
Here they are at Taylor Swift‘s birthday party, AKA the event of the year.
Don’t even get us started on the things we would do for an invite.
9. She’s also besties with Olivia Rodrigo!
Gracie and Olivia recently toured together on Olivia’s “Sour” Tour! We stan a talented duo.
10. She was inspired to write her debut album after a drive to upstate New York to work with fellow Jewish musician Aaron Dessner.
11. She adores her fans and always appreciates the custom cakes they make to celebrate concerts and album releases.
Just swipe through these pics to see!
12. She has an adorable dog, Weenie, who makes frequent appearances on her social media.
13. Gracie identifies strongly with a particular animated sponge.
When asked which fictional characters she relates to most, Gracie responded, “Squidward maybe. Or maybe Spongebob… it fluctuates.”
14. Gracie’s lyrics originate in her journaling — a practice she has maintained since early childhood.
As she said in a 2020 interview, “Journaling doesn’t feel right for everyone, but even if I’m exhausted or angry or whatever, I always try to give myself five minutes at least to get something down.”
15. She’s passionate about mental health and often speaks about about being in therapy.
When asked, “How are you?” in a 2022 interview, Gracie responded “I love my friends and my therapist.”
16. Though music is her primary passion, Gracie also models!
Here she is in V magazine looking like a brooding badass:
17. Gracie often shares musical works-in-progress and acoustic covers on her Instagram!
Gracie, please sing us to sleep.
18. Her most recent EP, “This Is What It Feels Like” was named after the album’s first song, “Feels Like,” which Gracie co-wrote with Israeli singer-songwriter Omer Fedi. You can listen to it here!